The official website of the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council

File a Claim

The administration will continue to hold the responsible parties accountable for repairing the damage, and repaying Americans who've suffered a financial loss as a result of the BP oil spill.

Claims Process for Individuals and Businesses

The Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF) under the administration of Mr. Kenneth Feinberg is an independent claims process that has been established to address individual and business claims. All current individual and business claims have been transferred from BP to the Gulf Coast Claims Fund. Claims previously filed with the BP Claims Process have been transitioned to the new GCCF Claims Facility for review, evaluation and determination; however, claimants will be required to file new forms with the GCCF to receive payments. Claimants requesting an Emergency Advance Payment or receiving an Emergency Advance Payment will not be asked or required to sign a release or waive any rights to assert additional claims, to file an individual legal action, or to participate in other legal actions associated with the spill.

Who is Eligible?

You may be eligible for claims from the Gulf Coast Claims Facility if you have:

  • Property damaged by the oil spill or the cleanup efforts (example: damage to a boat)
  • Loss of income/earning capacity (example: Lost your job or had your hours cut because of the spill — fishermen, workers in seafood industry, workers in hotels or restaurants)
  • Net loss of profits or earnings from a business you own (example: boat owners, hotel owners, restaurant owners)
  • Subsistence loss (example: can no longer catch fish to feed your family)
  • Removal and Clean up costs for your own property (example: costs related to cleaning oil from a dock you own)
  • Physical injury or death (injury to the body proximately caused by the Spill or the explosion and fire associated with the Deepwater Horizon incident, or by the cleanup of the Spill)

If you aren’t sure if you are eligible, you should contact the Gulf Coast Claims Facility for more information:

Call the toll-free helpline at 1-800-916-4893

Full Details

How to Submit a Claim

If you think you might be eligible to file a claim, obtain and submit a Claim Form and supporting documentation in any one of the following ways:

  • Website:
  • Visit one of the GCCF Claims Site Offices
    A list of GCCF claims site offices is available at the bottom of this page and also at
  • Toll-Free Helpline
    1-800-916-4893 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
  • Email
    Questions or submit claim forms to
  • Fax Claims Forms to:
  • By Overnight, Certified or Registered Mail to:
    Gulf Coast Claims Facility
    Kenneth R. Feinberg
    Administrator 5151 Blazer Pkwy
    Suite A Dublin, OH 43017
  • By Regular Mail to:
    Gulf Coast Claims Facility
    Kenneth R. Feinberg, Administrator
    P.O. Box 9658
    Dublin, OH 43017-4958

Return to Top

How to Check on Existing Claims

To check on the status of a claim, or if you have not heard from a claim adjuster, call between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. EDT, seven days a week. Be prepared to provide your name, address, and claim number.

Return to Top

Federal Disaster Assistance Information

Individuals and businesses looking for information on how to obtain federal assistance for dealing with the impacts of the current oil spill should visit Before applying for federal assistance, individuals should first make a claim with BP. includes information on the types of federal assistance that individuals and businesses can apply for such as nutrition programs, business disaster loans, temporary assistance for needy families and unemployment insurance.

Click on the oil spill box at the top of the homepage to take you to a page information specific to this type of incident.

Return to Top

U.S. Coast Guard National Pollution Fund Center (NPFC) Claims

The NPFC administers the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund, which is governed by the Oil Pollution Act of 1990. Before filing a claim with NPFC, individuals, businesses, and local governments must first file a claim with BP as a Responsible Party. If BP denies the claim or the claim goes unsettled for 90 days, claimants may then apply to the NPFC.

How to file a Claim with the NPFC

Return to Top

U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Information

The U.S. Small Business Administration may be able to provide Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) - working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster.

Find out more about assistance from the SBA

GCCF Claims Office Locations


Foley, Ala. (Orange Beach/Gulf Shores/Bone Secour)
1506 North McKenzie Street (HWY 59)
Suite 104
Foley, Ala. 36535

Bayou LaBatre
N. Wintzell Avenue
Bayou La Batre, Ala. 36509

Gulf Shores / Orange Beach, Ala. (Baldwin County)
Scott Lewis, Manager
24039 Perdido Beach Blvd.
Suite 1
Orange Beach, Ala. 36561


Pensacola, Fla. (Escambia County)
3960 Navy Blvd.
Suite 16-17
Pensacola, Fla. 32507

Gulf Breeze, Fla. (Santa Rosa County)
5668 Gulf Breeze Pkwy
Unit B-9
Gulf Breeze, Fla. 32563

Ft. Walton Beach, Fla. (Okaloosa County)
348 SW Miracle Strip Pkwy.
Suite 13
Fort Walton Beach, Fla. 32548

Crawfordville, Fla. (Wakulla County)
3010 Crawfordville Hwy.
Suite A&B
Crawfordville, Fla. 32327

Apalachicola, Fla. (Franklin County)
Brion Gregore, Manager
194 14th Street
Suite 105
Apalachicola, Fla. 32320

Port St. Joe, Fla. (Gulf County)
Charles Mayo, Manager
106 Trade Circle
Suite A
Port St. Joe, Fla. 32456

Panama City, Fla. (Bay County)
Curtis Wittich, Manager
7938 Front Beach Rd.
Panama City Beach, Fla. 32408

Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. (Walton County)
Gordon Porter, Manager
5008 US Hwy 98W
Unit 6&7
Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. 32459


New Orleans, La.
4375 Michoud Blvd.
New Orleans, La. 70129

Venice - Opened 5/8/10
41093 Hwy La. 23
Boothville, La. 70038

Saint Bernard - Opened 5/7/10
1345 Bayou Rd.
Saint Bernard La. 70085

Pointe a la Hatch
1553 Hwy 15
(Council District #1 Office)
Pointe-A-LA-Hatch, La. 70040

Gretna/Belle Chasse
2766 Belle Chasse Hwy.
Belle Chasse, La. 70037

Grand Isle
3811 LA1 (Community Center)
Grand Isle, La. 70358

Houma, La. (Terrebonne Parish)
Julius Herbert, Manager
Plaza Caillou Shopping Center
814 Grand Caillou Rd
Suite 2 & 3
Houma, La. 70363

Cut Off, La. (Lafouche Parish)
Carlo Pedalino, Manager
Tarpon Heights Shopping Center
Unit 2
16263 E. Main Street
Cut Off, La. 70345

BP Claims and Community Outreach Center
St. Tammany Parish
2040 Gause Blvd., Suite 10
Slidell, La. 70461


920 Cedar Lake Rd.
Suite K
Biloxi, Miss. 39532

Pascagoula, Miss.
5912 Old Mobile Hwy.
Suite. 3
Pascagoula, Miss. 39563

Bay St. Louis, Miss. (Hancock County)
Scott Niolet, Manager
1171 Hwy 90
Bay St. Louis, Miss. 39520


Galveston, TX
2001 Post Office Street
Unit #2
Galveston, TX 77553

Return to Top

Claims Fact Sheets

Return to Top